SPARE, Austin Osman, A Book Of Satyrs, First Edition, 1907, signed and numbered
SPARE, Austin Osman, Introduction by James Guthrie. 17.25 x 13 inches. Original buff paper covered-boards with title and decorative device on front cover, plain parchment spine. Text printed on thick laid paper. Decorative title page plus reproductions of twelve full-page black and white line drawings, as well as a number of smaller decorations. Edition Limited to 300 numbered copies, signed by Austin Osman Spare. As always with this volume there has been some offsetting from the plates onto the (blank) versos of the facing pages. This is a very attractive copy of an extraordinarily handsome book, inscribed by Spare himself (despite the limitation statement not all copies were signed, and very few seem to have been inscribed). The item "SPARE, Austin Osman, A Book Of Satyrs, First Edition, 1907, signed and numbered" is in sale since Saturday, January 12, 2019.
This item is in the category "Books & Magazines\Antiquarian & Collectible". The seller is "nihaogroup2016" and is located in Hagen. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Year Printed: 1907
- Modified Item: Yes
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom
- Topic: Occult
- Binding: Hardcover
- Region: England
- Illustrator: Austin Osman Spare
- Author: Austin Osman Spare
- Subject: Religion & Spirituality
- Personalized: Yes
- Original/Facsimile: Original
- Modification Description: inscribed as volume 10 of 300, signed by Austin Osman Spare, inscribed as:
"to his friend Ralph Straus 1908"
- Language: English
- Signed: Yes
- Publisher: Co-operative Printing Society Limited
- Place of Publication: Tudor Street, London
- Special Attributes: Numbered 10